Thank you for visiting our website. Privacy is an important topic for Volkswagen Digital Solutions (“VWDS”). Please find out information about who we are, for what purposes we use your personal data, how we process and store it, with whom we share it, how long we retain it, as well as how you can contact us and exercise your rights.
The entity responsible for processing your data is Volkswagen Digital Solutions, Unipessoal Lda., with its registered offices at Rua do Sol ao Rato, 11, Lisboa, Portugal.
Collection of data
We can collect your data while you navigate through and interact with our website such as your IP address.
We can also collect your name and e-mail should you decide to contact us via our online contact form.
Usage of data
We use the data for the following purposes:
- provide information you have requested;
- to improve and personalise your experience on our website, to ensure that content from our website is optimised for you and for your computer or electronic device.
Furthermore, your personal data can also be processed for the purposes of recruiting and selection employees, entering into and executing contracts or related precontractual processes in order to comply with legal and/or contractual obligations, to the extent that is necessary, as established in the applicable Portuguese law.
Should you apply for a recruitment process, the following personal data will be processed:
- First Name;
- Middle Name;
- Last Name;
- Email Address;
- Mobile Phone Number;
- Curriculum Vitae.
Subsequently, if you accepted a job offer, we will process the following personal data from you:
- First Name;
- Middle Name
- Last Name;
- Email Address;
- Mobile Phone Number;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Nº of Citizen Card or Passport
- Tax Number;
- Social Security Number;
- Criminal Record Certificate;
- Degree Certificate.
Disclosure of data
Volkswagen Digital Solutions will disclose your data in the following situations:
• Service providers: these are external companies used to help us to in the daily activities (e.g. website operation, market research companies, support services, website development, data analysis, recruitment, etc.). Service providers can only access and use your Personal Data on our behalf for the specific tasks that they have been requested to carry out, based on our instructions, and are required to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure.
• Other companies of the Volkswagen Group: we may disclose your data to other Volkswagen companies based on data processing agreements and intragroup services.
• Authorities and official entities: we may disclose your information if requested by any authority due to legal reasons.
• For recruitment purposes VOLKSWAGEN DIGITAL SOLUTIONS, UNIPESSOAL LDA., will receive your personal data.
Retention of personal data
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and legally permissible. Even if your application is not successful, we may be legally obliged to store some of your personal data, for example your gender, for a minimum of 5 years, as per Portuguese Labor Code, article 32.
After the period necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes of the data processing carried out by VWDS, the data will be permanently deleted or anonymized.
At any time, you may exercise any of the following rights:
Access: You have the right to access, review and request a physical or electronic copy of information held about you. You also have the right to request information on the source of your Personal Data.
Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data: You may at any time request the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete data concerning you.
Deletion: You may request the deletion of data without undue delay, and VWDS shall be obliged to erase personal data without undue delay whenever one of the following grounds applies, in particular:
- If data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or processed;
- You objected to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate interests justifying said processing; or
- You have withdrawn your consent to the processing of data (where processing is based on consent) and there is no other ground for such processing.
Please note that, in certain circumstances, we may be required to retain some of your Personal Data after you have requested deletion, to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations. We may also be permitted by applicable laws to retain some of your Personal Data to satisfy our business needs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Restriction of processing: You have the right to ask VWDS to limit the processing of your data if, inter alia, one of the following applies:
- If you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period that allows VWDS to verify their accuracy;
- The data processing is lawful and you object to the erasure of the personal data and request, in return, the limitation of its use;
- If VWDS no longer needs the personal data for processing purposes, but such data is required by you for the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending a right in legal proceedings;
- If you have objected to the processing, until it is established that the legitimate reasons of the controller override those of the data subject.
Objection to the processing of personal data: You may object to the processing of your personal data whenever the data processing is carried out on the basis of legitimate interests pursued by VWDS. In this situation, we may be able to demonstrate the existence of legitimate grounds which outweigh your legitimate interests.
These rights can be exercised at any time by contacting email@example.com.
We hope that we can satisfy any queries you may have about your Personal Data. However, if you have any complain about the way we process your personal data, please contact Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados at www.cnpd.pt.
VWDS implements and assures the maintenance of adequate protection means, so that its internal procedures for personal data security are in accordance with the regulations in force. VWDS also develops all the necessary efforts to ensure that contractually, the third parties with whom it collaborates, as partners or service providers, guarantee an adequate protection of the personal data they have access to. VWDS limits the access to personal data to specific employees, and only when their contact with such personal data is justified within the scope of their functions.
VWDS takes the necessary measures to ensure the secure processing of personal data. In particular, it takes precautionary measures to protect personal data from loss or misuse and uses security procedures to prevent unauthorized access to such personal data.
Created: Lisbon, 24.07.2019