MAN Now, everywhere and at anytime
MAN Now is the new digital service from MAN Truck & Bus that allows customers to tailor their MAN Truck’s software precisely to their needs, anywhere and anytime — without even stopping at a workshop.
Thanks to the new and convenient Over-the-Air technology available with the new MAN Truck Generation launched at the beginning of last year, customers can easily activate existing functions, extend them, or add new ones. Such value can be done either permanently or — depending on your driving and business requirements — only temporarily.
MAN Now uses an automatic installation compatibility function to find out which features are available for each truck in the fleet at any given time. This information gives the customer an overview of the possibilities for each of their trucks in an easy and accessible way. And even early model series can benefit from our platform. In such cases, because over-the-air technology is not available for the truck, the customer is referred to their workshop of choice upon activating a feature so that the retrofitting work can be carried out.
MAN OnlineTraffic, the first feature on MAN Now to be made available “over-the-air”, enables truck drivers to plan the best possible route by feeding route-specific, real-time data on the current traffic conditions into the vehicle navigation system.
Since MAN Now went live with MAN OnlineTraffic, hundreds of trucks have already booked it. They can be more efficient every day across the roads of Europe, since restrictions relevant to truck drivers, such as clearance heights or permissible gross weights on bridges, are considered when the system works out the optimum route.
MAN MapUpdate, with its up-to-date maps and geographically regional packages, will soon be available to our customers. And there are loads of other shiny new features on our drawing board to expand our over-the-air feature portfolio even further. In future, MAN Now will afford fleet managers the option of adapting the software configuration of their vehicles to suit the prevailing commercial requirements, such as software to reduce fuel consumption, gearbox driving programmes or additional language packs.
Built with love.
The MAN Now product team is based in the heart of sunny Lisbon, Portugal, in our MAN Digital Hub, where we have been crafting this product since 2018 in close collaboration with our Munich headquarters. The MAN Now platform is just a piece of a major ecosystem developed by several different teams, also based in Lisbon, that work together to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
With a Lean-Agile mindset, this cross-functional team aggregates different skills such as Backend and Frontend developers, Product Designers, Agile Enablers and Product Owners.
We use collaborative methodologies like Design Thinking, Modern UX and Modern Agile to find the best solutions quickly, continuously delivering value, and improving the MAN Now platform – all of this, while keeping a constant deep focus on our user’s needs. While we focus on the growth of the product, we never forget the individual needs and growth of every team member, and thus team spirit is something deeply rooted in our mindset.
Even the pandemic did not slow the team down. The move to remote work setup was smooth and did not, in any way, make us less productive. Last year, we went live with MAN Now and rolled it out to 30 different countries in 24 different languages.
To know more about the product, you can visit RIO Platform Marketplace https://rio.cloud/en/marketplace/produkt/man-now
- Available in all European Union, Norway, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
- Allows upgrade and install new features on MAN New generation trucks through mobile internet.
- Offer an opportunity to adapt the software inside the truck, to reduce fuel consumption, gearbox driving programmes or additional language packs.
- Inputs about upgrade possibilities on earlier truck models and book directly a MAN Service workshop to do the upgrade.
- MAN OnlineTraffic, the first feature on MAN Now to be made available “over-the-air”.
- MAN OnlineTraffic enables truck drivers to plan the best possible route by feeding route-specific, real-time data on the current traffic conditions into the vehicle navigation system.
- MAN Now Product Team is based in Lisbon, Portugal at MAN Digital Hub working together with MAN Headquarters in Munich
- The team values Design Thinking Mindset, Modern UX and Modern Agile Mindset culture
- User Centric approach with a strong focus on Delivering value continuously to the customer.
- … and always having fun!