Technical Product Owner
Senority levelMid level
This position is based in our MAN Digital Hub tech unit in Lisbon. MAN Truck & Bus is one of Europe’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers serving customers in over 120 countries and together we are shaping the future of commercial vehicles by creating digital experiences here in Lisbon for our customers and users around the world.
We are building great digital products in the world of logistics, transportation, and commercial vehicles by upgrading our business area to digital. Together with our MAN Truck & Bus colleagues, we develop & operate products for various business areas of MAN Truck & Bus SE. To do so, we collaboratively design, code, and run user-centric solutions creating awesome value for our customers.
Our Mindset │Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests.
Our Target │Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously.
Let’s work and have fun together!
About the role:
- Working with teams of data engineers, DevOps, data scientists, and data analysts, you will engage with stakeholders across business units to gather technical and data requirements, insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated needs to drive successful outcomes.
- You will own the nonfunctional requirements of the product maintaining a feature roadmap and backlog that effectively prioritizes the delivery of valuable data and analytics to MAN products and services.
- We need your support to help us create stronger and more meaningful partnerships with stakeholders, creating continuous feedback loops that allow us to better understand their needs, and to iteratively improve data access, quality, and analytics.
What you will be doing:
- Together with the team define the best technical and architectural approaches for the data platform
- Gather technical requirements and feedback from stakeholders, create technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business scenarios
- Own and present roadmaps, features, and manage product backlog prioritization to ensure the highest business value is being delivered
- Run an excellent agile development process with technology, product, and operations partners to manage and coordinate dependencies across teams
- Drive data quality across the organization; develop best practices to ensure consistency of data models and tracking
- Continuously improve our data infrastructure and stay ahead of technology, maintain, and have awareness of the data lakes (AWS)
- Design and implement effective solutions and models to store and retrieve company data, and assess implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations
What you will bring:
- Experience in technical product management and/or experience in leading teams or products, with a focus on data/data engineering
- Proven experience working directly with stakeholders to both gather new product technical requirements, and to explain existing product capabilities
- Proven track record of delivering results on large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
- Experience in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets to support the execution of products
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Fluency in English, any other languages are a bonus
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data tools and distributed clusters such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, Glue Workflow
Benefits & Perks:
Most important for us, this is a true opportunity to join an amazing atmosphere on our local company culture build up, with the support of a solid international group, and to be part of an Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in an environment where your ideas are valued and you have a voice.
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy
- Wellbeing program extendable to your household
- Health insurance extendable to your household
- Life insurance
- Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund
- Home Office Setup to build your dream home office
- Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment)
- Cellphone + Telecom with voice & data plan
- Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing
- Relocation package (if applicable) & Visa process sponsorship
- Portuguese/English language classes
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!