Senior Backend Developer (AWS)
Senority levelMid level
This position is based in our MAN Digital Hub tech unit in Lisbon. MAN Truck & Bus is one of Europe’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers serving customers in over 120 countries and together we are shaping the future of commercial vehicles by creating digital experiences here in Lisbon for our customers and users around the world.
We are building great digital products in the world of logistics, transportation, and commercial vehicles by upgrading our business area to digital. We collaboratively design, code, and run user-centric solutions creating awesome value for our customers.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
About the Senior Back End Developer role:
You will be a crucial part of the innovative VWDS team, helping to develop software. This opportunity is ideal for a Senior Back End Developer who is looking to take ownership of all development needs within VWDS’ exciting future projects.
The Senior Back End Developer will have full coverage of the project Lifecyle and will work collaboratively with all team members. VWDS are looking for experts that embrace all things tech.
If you’re a passionate Developer looking to make a real impact, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
What you will be doing:
- Develop/deploy/maintain automotive backend microservices based on Java or Kotlin and powered by AWS;
- Work in the context of automotive, you will use DevOps principles to create, test and deploy backend solutions as well as internal tools using modern cloud infrastructure like AWS;
- Actively contribute to tech and architecture decisions;
- Contribute with your team and other teams on all questions around backend and tool development in an automotive environment;
- Work together with the team defining architecture.
- Working on AWS applications already.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or comparable job expertise;
- Relevant experience in the conception and implementation of software solutions in an international context;
- Good English skills, both written and spoken;
- Solid experience with backend development with focus on RESTful APIs, event-driven architecture and integration;
- Solid experience with Spring Boot / Java framework;
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, interdisciplinary balanced product team.
- AWS ecosystem: ECS, Fargate, S3, RDS, DocumentDB, Cloudfront, IAC (CloudFormation templates & CDK);
- Understanding of Serverless Architecture
- Experience designing/building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab).
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with NoSQL & SQL databases Basic
- Linux / bash scripting
What is in it for you:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working to allow for a better work life balance
- An amazing wellbeing program
- Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in an environment where your ideas are valued, and you have a voice.
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy and opportunity to rotate into various products.
- Lunch allowance
- Discounts on VW group cars and access to VW pension funds
- Health and life insurance
- Gym partnership (Fitness Hut)
- Kindergarten Partnership
- Support with relocation and VISA process