Senority levelMid level
The role will be part of the SDC (Software Development Center) based at our tech hub in Lisbon. Our goal is to help create a new digital ecosystem for the Volkswagen Group brands, delivering a sustainable competitive advantage by engineering high quality, user-centric and meaningful digital products for the group and its customers.
We iterate quickly using lean and agile methodologies within a cross-functional product team and end-customer focus. We believe and employ a low-hierarchy and equality-based culture. We work in a feedback-driven, autonomous, start-up environment and closely collaborate with our peers.
What makes us strong is our balanced teams, made of UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, and Developers doing Pair Programming. Through this approach we combine the best of each talent, collaborating, learning and building a better product every day.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
About the role:
Product management lies at the intersection of technology, design and the business, and we are looking for someone who can balance the act of being the voice of the customer and ensuring customer needs are met while delivering maximum business value inline with the Volkswagen Group vision and strategy.
How We Work:
We work in autonomous, well-balanced product teams. We tackle business opportunities by solving user pain points with cutting-edge technologies, using design thinking and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) approach. We adopted Extreme Programming across our 3 domains of expertise. This way we deliver high quality (with test-driven development), focus on what matters (by doing user validation and continuous iterations), and share knowledge and expertise (by pairing). Our Product Managers are team players and great communicators, who evangelise the latest product discovery and user research techniques and have great skills in leading agile delivery.
Challenges and Opportunities:
As an enterprise with ambitious goals, typical projects may be large with multiple stakeholders. Therefore, we value PMs with strong communication skills, who can easily interact across disciplines and seniority levels and articulate complex concepts clearly. We play an integral part in shaping and delivering products that bring value to both customers and the business on an international scale, to millions of customers. We also encourage opportunities to launch, test and grow greenfield projects conceived from within our product teams.
Our working culture and environment:
We believe in and employ a flat organisational structure and equality-based culture. We provide an environment where trust, compassion, diversity, and openness are a big part of our culture. We regularly run feedback sessions and welcome new ideas in helping us to shape the future of our lab. Our people have a true passion for what they do, a genuine desire to go further for our customers and to give their own careers real momentum at the same time, in an industry that is changing at a fast pace.
We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Our teams comprise people belonging to 13+ nationalities and we strongly encourage everyone to apply, no matter the race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
What you will be doing:
- Work as a team player and collaborate within the Product team with Product Designers and Software engineers to balance the act of being the voice of the customer and ensuring customer needs are met while delivering business value
- Identify opportunities through user research, market research and contribute to solution ideation, and delivery
- Collaborate with the Product team and stakeholders to identify the priority problems to solve and define a product roadmap in an outcome-oriented format
- Define key success metrics for the outcomes and be able to set up tracking and monitoring to collect data to inform your product decisions
- Define and refine backlog priorities, going from the outcome roadmap
- Deliver training, product presentations, workshops
- Ongoing collaboration with stakeholders
What you will bring:
- You have shipped successful products, including defining vision, strategy, and product roadmap
- You can identify opportunities (problems/pains) and turn them into value (solutions/gains) for the customers and the business alike
- You have experience articulating and testing product hypotheses and breaking down complex problems into actionable steps and managing backlogs
- You can ensure the minimum viable product spec and processes are in place to be able to test and iterate
- You can collaborate successfully with engineers, designers, and business stakeholders
- You can choose the right metrics and ensure they are in place to identify how our users are interacting with the product and guide the team in making the right product decisions
- You have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Benefits & Perks:
Most important for us, this is a true opportunity to join an amazing atmosphere on our local company culture build up, with the support of a solid international group, and to be part of an Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in an environment where your ideas are valued and you have a voice.
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy
- Wellbeing program extendable to your household
- Health insurance extendable to your household
- Life insurance
- Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund
- Home Office Setup to build your dream home office
- Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment)
- Cellphone + Telecom with voice & data plan
- Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing
- Relocation package (if applicable) & Visa process sponsorship
- Portuguese/English language classes
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!