Senority levelMid level
This role will be part of the CODE tech hub based in Lisbon. CODE collaborates daily with the Volkswagen Group brands in development and operations. We transform IT Systems, through customization and support.
We iterate quickly using lean and agile methodologies within a cross-functional product team and end-customer focus. We believe and employ a low-hierarchy and equality-based culture. We work in a feedback-driven, autonomous, start-up environment and closely collaborate with our peers.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
About the role:
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in all stages of the product development process, from
concept to launch. You will lead, iterate and maintain products by translating complex problems into an inspiring and valuable user experience, creating incredible visuals and rapid prototypes, and approaching the problems in an empathetic human-centered way.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct design and user research in all the different stages of a product’s development
- Work together with the Product Manager on the product roadmap
- Explore and communicate design concepts through artifacts like sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes
- Create visuals and rapid prototypes across various platforms respecting Volkswagen brand guidelines
- Embrace collaboration, feedback, and work hands-on in cross-functional product teams
- Engage stakeholders and your team to ensure your design fits business goals, technical constraints, while meeting user needs
- Innovate and iterate on lean and agile principles, designing software solutions that work
What you will bring:
- Several years of professional product design experience or similar
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- You know how to conduct research and you can turn user research into insights
- You design simple, elegant, and user-friendly flows across a range of platforms in an agile way
- Strong knowledge in visual design and proficiency with industry-standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Figma, Miro…)
- You are used to collaborating with PMs, engineers, and designers in cross-functional product teams
- Experience with two of the following: lean startup methodologies, agile development methodologies, working directly with clients
- A degree in Design (Communication Design, Product Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, UX, HCI) or a related field OR equivalent professional experience
- Fluent English speaker (it’s our day-to-day official language)
- International experience or experience working in a distributed company is a plus
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!
What is in it for you:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working to allow for a better work life balance
- An amazing wellbeing program
- Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in an environment where your ideas are valued, and you have a voice.
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy and opportunity to rotate into various products.
- Lunch allowance
- Discounts on VW group cars and access to VW pension funds
- Health and life insurance
- Gym partnership (Fitness Hut)
- Kindergarten Partnership