Founded in 2019, Volkswagen Digital Solutions (VWDS) plays a major role in the Volkswagen Group strategy of going digital, by developing software mainly for the digital ecosystems and internal corporate processes.
Split across 3 tech units: CODE (Core Operations + Development), MAN Digital Hub and SDC (Software Development Center), VWDS plays a key part of the digitalization strategy that is happening in the Group.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
About the Role:
The FullStack Developer will have full coverage of the project lifecycle and will work collaboratively with all team members. VWDS is looking for experts that embrace all technology in both Front End and Back End and who are motivated by our ways of working: Extreme programming (always two developers working on the same task to ensure successfully live review), lean methodology and TDD.
What you will be doing:
- Help on all areas of software development, choosing the right technologies and frameworks for the problem in hand;
- Build new APIs from the ground up;
- Build front-end applications through appealing visual design;
- Actively contribute to tech and architecture decisions;
- Provide maintenance and optimize the existing code base always aware of SOLID principles and following Clean Code principles;
- Work with AWS and CI/CD pipelines.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or comparable job expertise;
- Relevant experience in the conception and implementation software solutions in an international context;
- Experience with frontend and backend technologies;
- Experience with responsive interfaces and solving browser compatibility problems;
- Adaptability and openness to learn new languages;
- Strong interest in TDD and pair programming;
- Ability to communicate your thought process and your approach on how to develop a solution;
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, interdisciplinary and balanced product team;
- Good English skills.
Benefits & Perks:
This is a true opportunity to join an amazing atmosphere on our local company culture build up, with the support of a solid international group, and to be part of an Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in a place where your ideas are valued and you have a voice.
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences;
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy;
- Wellbeing program extendable to your household;
- Health insurance extendable to your household;
- Life insurance;
- Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund;
- Home Office Setup to build your dream home office;
- Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment);
- Smartphone + Telecom with voice & data plan;
- Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing;
- Relocation package (if applicable) & Visa process sponsorship;
- Portuguese/English language classes.
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!