Full Stack Developer
Senority levelMid level
The role will be part of the SDC (Software Development Center) based at our tech hub in Lisbon. Our goal is to help create a new digital ecosystem for the Volkswagen Group brands, delivering a sustainable competitive advantage by engineering high quality, user-centric and meaningful digital products for the group and its customers.
We iterate quickly using lean and agile methodologies within a cross-functional product team and end-customer focus. We believe and employ a low-hierarchy and equality-based culture. We work in a feedback-driven, autonomous, start-up environment and closely collaborate with our peers.
What makes us strong is our balanced teams, made of UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, and Developers doing Pair Programming. Through this approach we combine the best of each talent, collaborating, learning and building a better product every day.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
Let’s work and have fun together!
About the Full Stack Developer role:
You will be a crucial part of the innovative VWDS team, helping develop software. This opportunity is ideal for Full Stack Developers to take ownership of all development needs within exciting projects.
You will have full coverage of the project Lifecyle and will work collaboratively with all team members. We are looking for experts that embrace all technology in both Front End and Back End. If you’re a passionate Developer looking to make a real impact, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
What You be doing:
- Extreme programming , always two developers working on the same task to ensure successfully live review;
- Test driven development;
- AWS platform;
- Lean methodology;
- Being aware of SOLID principles and follow Clean Code principles;
- Help on all areas of software development, choosing the right technologies and frameworks for the problem in hand;
- Build new APIs from the ground up;
- Build front-end applications through appealing visual design;
- Actively contribute to tech and architecture decisions;
- Provide maintenance and optimize the existing code base.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or comparable job expertise;
- Relevant experience in the conception and implementation software solutions in an international context;
- Experience with frontend technologies such as React, Angular;
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or Python.
- Spring Boot 2, JPA/Hibernate, JUnit, Mockito;
- Experience with CSS3, HTML5, responsive interfaces and solving browser compatibility problems;
- Adaptability and openness to learn new languages
- Strong interest in TDD and pair programming
- Ability to communicate thought process, approach to developing a solution and the pass and idea and a solution into
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, interdisciplinary balanced product team;
- Good English skills, both written and spoken;
Benefits & Perks
Most important for us, this is a true opportunity to join an amazing atmosphere on our local company culture build up, with the support of a solid international group, and to be part of an Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in an environment where your ideas are valued and you have a voice.
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy
- Wellbeing program extendable to your household
- Health insurance extendable to your household
- Life insurance
- Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund
- Home Office Setup to build your dream home office
- Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment)
- Cellphone + Telecom with voice & data plan
- Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing
- Relocation package (if applicable) & Visa process sponsorship
- Portuguese/English language classes
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!