Senority levelSenior Level
In VWDS, the Engineering Manager is someone that we trust in, and to whom we delegate the successful delivery of a service from planning to ongoing operations. As an Engineering Manager your focus will be managing and supporting the teams at all levels. Being a leader means that you’ll need to ensure that, at the same time, the teams are growing and developing their knowledge, as a team and as individuals, and enjoying the work and be proud to be part of Volkswagen Digital Solutions.
As a leader, you should have a solid background in and leadership skills, so you’ll be prepared to work on the team’s strategy and implementation of valuable ideas, as well as, continuously challenge your team members.
What you will do:
- You’ll have the opportunity to migrate and implement new projects;
- Be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of projects;
- Be an active part in the set-up of the teams, as well as, in mentoring and coaching the teams in their career development;
- Be a role model and a leader that helps the team understand the impact of their work in the organisation;
- Promote knowledge exchange across teams;
- Proactively suggest improvements within the projects and procedures;
- Advocate and implement an agile culture, creating and developing new organizational practices;
- Be an active member in the leadership team and be aligned with the company values collaborating with other leaders of the organisation.
- Create positive team culture (e.g. curious, mutually challenging, collaborative)
You have the following qualifications:
- At least 10 years of work experience;
- Experience in leading, developing and growing people;
- Knowledge in mentoring and coaching software developers towards high quality software and delivery on time;
- Good knowledge of software development;
- Strong analytical skills and a critical mindset, in order to guide the team for the best approach and improve the processes in place;
- Good communication skills and teamwork;
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken.
What’s in it for you:
- Hybrid working model
- Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy
- Wellbeing program extendable to your household
- Health and Life insurance
- Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund
- Home Office Setup to build your dream home office
- Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment)
- Cellphone + Telecom with voice & data plan
- Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing
Do you have everything and haven’t applied yet? What are you waiting for?